Having the desire to experience lucid dreaming can be thrilling, frightening and time consuming. I highly doubt any of us is going to fall asleep and accomplish this the first try.
Experiencing lucid dreaming is something many people thrive to accomplish. Usually when they realize that they are indeed dreaming, they get so thrilled that they wake themselves up and interrupt the dream.
If you are unaware of what lucid dreaming is, we can associate it with conscious dreaming. Knowing we are dreaming at some point while we are having a dream.
Due to some being able to control who and what appears in their dream some define it as “mind or dream control.”
With the guidance of more experienced lucid dreamers, we all stand a better chance of experiencing this amazing euphoria. Here are some of the best lucid dreaming techniques from Art of Bedtime:
Mnemonically Induced Lucid Dream is the extended version. With this technique, we have full intention and can visualize forcing ourselves into lucid dreaming while we are falling asleep.
Most times the combination of setting our alarms to wake us up while in the middle of the night is the first step. After we go to bed the process begins of focusing, using our mantra and visualizing what it is we want to dream.
While falling asleep, we need to make a conscious effort of remembering our dreams and then concentrate heavily just on that idea.
Repeating to ourselves, “I WILL remember my dreams.” This process tells your brain that it needs to pay close attention to the next dreaming episodes
By concentrating and paying close attention to our next dream, chances are high that when our dream begins we will be aware that we are indeed dreaming. Welcome to lucid dreaming.
Walk back to bed is this longer version of its name. This version is basically just a smaller version of the MILD listed above, or what could be considered part of a MILD.
What we need to do with using the WBTB technique is schedule our alarm or any other version of waking up in the middle of the night. Many individuals drink extra amounts of liquids prior to going to sleep.
Where we benefit from the WBTB technique is having increased dream recall as well as experiencing a broader chance of becoming lucid when we go back to our beds.
This technique is successful because we go right back into a REM version of sleep. This method constitutes three basic main skills.
- We must be able to recall our dreams
- We must can discover “dream signs” from analyzing our journals
- We must can recognize our “dream signs” in tonight’s and other nights dreams.
This particular technique requires us to save extra time in the morning.
If we plan on staying awake for 30-45 minutes during the night and want to enjoy as many dreams and lucid dreams, we will need to sleep as long as we possibly can.
What this means is that it’s best if we practice the WBTB techniques on weekends. It’s imperative that we save room and time to apply consistently all of the techniques without being disturbed.
The great news is, it should only take a few successful sessions before our minds understands what lucid dreaming is about. At which point we no longer will need exclusively to make use of WBTB technique to create lucid dreams.
Externally Induced Lucid Dreaming involves having the external stimuli, making us aware that we are dreaming. Triggering these should be only during REM sleep.
Using this method, we can make use of lights, an item that vibrates listen to music or use the device called a Nova Dreamer. Testing each one to see what works for us is the best approach.
Many EILD devices are a mask that we would put around our eyes while we sleep. Most come with a detector that will tell when we drift off into the REM phase of sleep.
As the mask acknowledges that we have reached the REM stage, it sends signals to stimulate one of ours senses. An example being flashed lights that we will see in our dreams to make us aware that we are indeed dreaming.
Dream Induced Lucid Dream is the most commonly used methods as well as the oldest. This phase can happen without us realizing it. Meaning we merely induce our lucid dream while dreaming.
This step is the technique where we notice one of our dream signs, do a reality check of just something randomly. In order to succeed in DILD, we need to practice over and over recognizing reality from a dream.
Being the most common and popular technique for lucid dreaming induction is the factor behind many newbies to achieve our first lucid dream by using this method.
When succeeding in a DILD, we will become lucid in the dream. This occurrence happens when our dreams are so wild, ridiculous or extreme that there is no other logical explanation for other than its a dream.
These dreams are the ones that shake us up or when we think OMG this is insane it has to be a dream then TA-DA we become lucid. Just think of all the visions of when you were with a deceased loved one carrying on a conversation with you.
Or you see yourself flying through the air. How about that vivid sex scene with your boss or your boss’s daughter. Seemed very real, eh? We then reach a euphoria than nothing else can make us feel.
So many times I dream about times talking with my mother and I will wake my brain up just to see if she is really here only to realize I am in my dream talking to her.
It may sound creepy, but it’s the most rewarding feeling when I do wake up. I feel as though I can go to her and bring her in my dreams to be with her again. It is an incredible feeling.
There are the times where I will remind myself in my sleep that she is no longer alive here on this earth, so I then manipulate my thoughts so that I can spend time with her once again.
As crazy as it sounds I don’t feel as much grief as long as I can see her again, and it feels real.
Lucid dreaming is real, and it is amazing. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again because you will have no regrets by doing so.
Here are some more tips on how you can start lucid dreaming tonight as a complete beginner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2edCIJQPjMo
I have a confession to make: I have never liked traditional vacuum cleaners. There. I said it. I have always found them annoying to use. You have to drag them around your house constantly, you’re always running over the cables, and the stupid things always fall over if you don’t pull them in an exact straight line.
Once I visited Home Floor Experts and made the switch to backpack vacuum cleaners, I have never once considered going back to traditional vacuums.
Not to mention, every time I clean the house I get to spend the whole time humming the Ghostbusters theme song to myself!
…Okay so I’m a bit of a dork. But this is the internet, and dorks rule here. So here is this dork’s guide on how to choose between the best backpack vacuums from 2014-2015!
Not all vacuums are created equal when it comes to sucking dirt. A good level of suction is an absolute must have. What’s the point of having a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t vacuum or clean? Check online reviews before buying. If the reviews tell you that the motor is underpowered, or that the power is weak, then give that vacuum a miss.
Remember that you will be carrying your backpack vacuum on your back for however long it takes to clean your house. Some of the gruntier industrial models can be a bit heavy if you need to carry them for a long time.
This is easy to check if you are shopping from a physical store, but if you are buying from an online site, it can be difficult to estimate how heavy a vacuum is.
For comparison, try filling a backpack until it weighs as much as the vacuum that you are looking at, then see whether you feel like you could carry it around for any length of time.
When buying online, some vacuums will give a ‘full weight’. But if not, then remember to add a bit of extra weight to your estimations for the dirt that you are going to be picking up
Always check the db rating of your vacuum. Remember that your vacuum is going to be running right next to your ears. If it’s loud, give it a miss, or be prepared to wear ear protection. A too loud backpack vacuum can easily damage your hearing. As a rough guide, anything above 85db can cause long term damage to your hearing.
You’re going to be wearing this vacuum for a while. If it feels a little bit uncomfortable at first, then it will be unbearable by the time you have finished cleaning your house. Make sure that there is nothing digging into your back, and that the straps sit comfortably. All vacuums will get warm when they have been running for a while, but a well designed backpack vacuum should keep that heat away from your body.
Armed with this list of what to look for in a backpack vacuum cleaner, you should now be ready to make the big switch, or just to update your current vacuum to a shiny new one. I’m sure that, like me, once you make the change you will never look back. Happy Cleaning!
It is not always easy to clean pet hair and fur from our beloved pets that we interact with in every space in our homes. Animal hair found on the couch and carpet floors are particularly troubling to get rid of effectively. We love cleanliness as much as we love our pets and so something has to be done to keep all these in balance.
However, after reading this guide on Home Floor Experts about finding the perfect vacuum for pet hair, along with a review of some of the best vacuums for pet hair in 2015, we decided to compile our own list of vacuums for 2015.
You will never have to worry about hair ending up in the wrong places ever again. Easy job done. Yes, as simple as that. Here’s our list of the 10 best pet vacuums in 2015:
- The Hoover T-Series WindTunnel – Have you ever felt some kind of smell or odor coming from the floor or where your pet likes to take a nap? If yes, then the Hoover T-series cleaner is the one for you. The vacuum comes with a bag that contains activated carbon HEPA, which helps counter pet odors and allergies.
- Kenmore progressive 21714 – This vacuum has an upholstery tool which will make your cleaning even easier. In addition, it is a certified asthma and allergy friendly equipment. That sounds good.
- Kenmore Intuition 28014 – The 28014 is excellent in pet hair removal from just any surface; carpet, bare floor and furniture surface. Easy to use because of its nozzle which is especially effective for cleaning hair particles.
- The Shark Navigator NV352 – As the name of the vacuum may suggest, this vacuum is easy to navigate surfaces just like a shark wonders about in the seas. The shark navigator is light and easy to use, with its effective brush which leaves the surface sparkling. The shark navigator does not spare pet hair on surfaces. The NV352 is also one of the top recommended pet vacuums on Absoluteadt.
- The Hoover WindTunnel MAX Pet plus multi-cyclonic – This vacuum is the solution to what has been giving you a headache, unreachable surfaces. With great flexibility and ease of use, the Hoover WindTunnel MAX Pet plus will almost clean surfaces where your cat makes it difficult for you to reach. This includes places like window sills and behind sofas. You will not worry the next time you see your cat jumping all over the place.
- The Bissell CleanView with one pass – Tired of moving the vacuum the same place over and over?, the Bissell CleanView will do it once to your satisfaction. This vacuum has a powerful suction that will remove all the hair in one go.
- The Hoover Platinum Collection LINX – Cordless for convenience purposes. Everybody wants to do it easy and even much easier. The cordless pet hand held vacuum is one you need.
- Eureka Boss Smart vacuum – This vac has a long cord to reach all the spaces in your home. The vac has special bristles that wipe out pet hair from under any furniture.
- Dyson DC41 Animal complete Upright Vacuum – This vacuum has a bag attachment to hold the cleaned stuff. It has fancy swivels which will clean dog hair beyond what you can imagine.
- Hoover T-series WindTunnel UH30310 – Able to minimize dust and hair allergy, this vac removes pet hair effectively without blowing them farther regardless of the floor surface, be it hardwood.
The above vacuums are excellent pet hair cleaners that you should consider taking one home, for comfort and general cleanliness that we all desire. For more information on how to make your choice, we recommend checking out this quick video tutorial: